Ascorbic Acid treatment

kizerman

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I have done the AA treatment twice, both times following the instructions precisely in this link:
ascorbic-treatment-to-rid-pool-of-metal-stains-t2298.html

Both times the iron stain has started to return within a week. It's not returning as heavy as it was originally, however I can start to see my main drain discoloring slightly and I'm sure it will continue to get worse.

Does anyone have any specific products they have used successfully or any other methods they have used?
I have seen some of you mention Jack's products here. Are they worth the money?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm very frustrated with this.

You aren't using enough sequestrant. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic the Pink Stuff (regular), the Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and the Purple Stuff (SWG) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar products, some of which are noticeably less expensive. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective.

JasonLion said:
You aren't using enough sequestrant. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic the Pink Stuff (regular), the Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and the Purple Stuff (SWG) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar products, some of which are noticeably less expensive. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective.

I went heavy on the sequesterant and when I noticed a little stain appearing, I lowered the ph to 7.0 and added more with no results but maybe I need to try another brand. I'll try Jacks Pink on my next effort.

Is it safe to do multiple AA treatments so close together?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.