PoolSkim and Polaris 360

dbloh6

May 6, 2012
Good Day to All!
I am a newbie and found this great site.
My question is can I use my Polaris 360 and PoolSkim at the same time? I have tried and I do not have enough pressure.
I have only two returns. One has the PoolSkim attached. I have set the other up with the Polaris 360. Is there a way to restrict the pressure at the PoolSkim or do I have to remove it when I want to use the Polaris?

I just received my Poolskim and got it working in the pool with no problems. I put my Polaris 360 on the other return and there was not enough pressure to operate both at the same time.
I was wondering if there was a way to restrict the Poolskim when I wanted the 360 to run at the same time or will I need to remove the Poolskim in order to run the 360.
Thanks in advance.

I don't think you understood my question. Maybe because I didn't make it clear. :(

Before you got the PoolSkim how did you get the Polaris to operate? Do you have a valve to adjust the flow between the returns or did they have small eyeballs in place that restricted the flow so the 360 would operate. Or did you close off one return?

If you don't have a valve to reduce the flow to the Poolskim return while the Polaris is running you may have to remove the Poolskim while the cleaner's running.

Post a pic of your pool and pad and we may have a better solution.

So the eyeball restricts the flow out the return thereby increasing the flow to the cleaner. You'll have to find some way to restrict the flow to the Poolskim or remove it and reinstall the eyeball or close it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.