Latest Numbers....

jborders5

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Hi All-

I became a first time pool owner last fall and I'm anxious for our first full season. We had the pool re-surfaced and re-tiled after moving in and I've been maintaining it with liquid chlorine and acid over the winter (following the BBB method) after the initial start-up. I hope to upgrade all of the equipment and add a SWG system, but it may be a few more months before it happens. Below are my latest numbers. Any recommendations on where things need to be for now using liquid chlorine as well as when I move to salt?

Water Temp: 72
FC: 1.5
CC: 0
PH: 7.8 (I maintain it between 7.4 and 7.8)
TA: 80
CH: 280
CYA: 20 - 25

The CYA was 30 after adding stabilizer after the intial start up. Now that it's getting warmer I assume I should get this up?

Your FC level is too low. Even if CYA is as low as 20 you would need to keep FC at 2 or higher.

Raising CYA to around 50 is a good idea. Then it can drift down over the rest of the season and still be reasonable at the end of the season.

Everything else looks fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.