Ideas For Landscaping Behind Pool: North Texas Region

Feb 20, 2012
North Texas
Hi Y'all! We are in week 4 of our backyard transformation and would love to possibly get some ideas as far as landscaping for behind our weeping wall and whatnot. We already know that we want to plant 3 oak leaf hollies behind the water feature and are unable to come up with any 'layering bushes' that would look good with them (possibly flowering bushes of some sort). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much

You don't mention what zone in Texas...Not sure what you are looking for, but some plants I have used or am going to use include pindo palm, mexican fan palm, crinums, cannas, mexican feather grass, tropical hibiscus, varigated liriope, Texas Birds of Paradise, daylillies, mexican petunias, wood ferns, elephant ears, indian hawthorns, blue plumbago , zinnias and cosmos, ...I am just south of Denton and zone 8b. You can also go check out the GardenWeb, the Gardening in Texas forum there are several posts about gardening/landscaping by the pool. The big things to remember is 1) is the plant messy? ( don't want to be cleaning it out of the pool and 2) is it going to draw bees/wasps?? I do have some flowering plants by the pool, but I have tried to keep the actual flowering plants limited right by the pool because of this. Hope this helps!
Bubbles

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.