Yesterday my free chlorine levels were hardly registering and i think it's been that way for a couple weeks. i had what may have been algae spots starting. i've never seen algae but i'm guessing that's what it was?? (looked like dirt spots on the sides). i could scoop them up with my net.
my pool is 22,000 galons of water. i put 5 lbs of sodium hypochlorite shock in and brougt the fc level to 3 which is the highest my tester goes. i put two more pounds in and the test sample turned slightly orange so i left it like that overnight. my ph level was aprrox 7.4. after i shocked it the water was very murky looking. it was a little better this morning but my fc was at about .6 so I put 1 more lb of shock in and fc came up to 3.0. i left it until after church and now my fc is at 1.0 and ph is at 7.4. water is still murky but a little better.
My question - am I on the right track? How long does it take the water to clear up? The water looked really good before i started all this.
Thanks for any help!!!