new return&still leaking..any suggestion's

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
I replaced the return this morning because the old had been leaking outside the wall..The return is a waterway powerflow jet for a Rec warehouse pool..I decided before filling water back up to take hose & run water up around it to see if it would leak.Well,it still did...Was reading instruction's on new install on liner it said to cut opening 1/4-1/2 smaller than the opening..Well,the opening now is at size....The liner need's to be replaced .But, money not there..Any suggestion's..

kplaster said:
I replaced the return this morning because the old had been leaking outside the wall..The return is a waterway powerflow jet for a Rec warehouse pool..I decided before filling water back up to take hose & run water up around it to see if it would leak.Well,it still did...Was reading instruction's on new install on liner it said to cut opening 1/4-1/2 smaller than the opening..Well,the opening now is at size....The liner need's to be replaced .But, money not there..Any suggestion's..
I went back & check'd how the spacer&gasket's went..Had the spacer in the wrong place..So really what I'm asking is.Would it be a good idea to use some silicone at the liner area when putting back together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.