Can you help me with equipment compatability?

crek31

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2009
I now own the following equipment, but i am not completely sure if the SWG can be used with this pump.

Pentair Superflo 1 HP; 2 Speed
Intex SWG (I think the manual says it needs between 700 and 4000 gph)
Pentair 200 sq ft cart filter
Pentair 400,000 btu Nat gas heater

I think the pump is likely too big for the Intex SWG, but I'd like to know that for sure before I abandon the thought of using it. I can't figure out the flow rate of the Superflo. I have read the whole manual that came with the pump, but it really just shows install directions. Searching on-line yields graphs and charts I can't make sense of. I have also searched on this site, and although I know lots of you use the Intex SWG, I haven't found a discussion of what pumps it will work with (sorry if I missed it).

I am hoping that there is some way to use the SWG if I have the pump on low speed. But I think I have to have the pump on high speed to use the heater. If that is how the flow rates work out, is that do-able?

Here is the graph the might have the answer on if the pump will work at all with the SWG:

[attachment=0:3lfgsuh0]superflo.jpg[/attachment:3lfgsuh0]

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• superflo.jpg
    superflo.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 42
  • superflo.jpg
    superflo.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 42
The flow rate depends not just on the pump, but on the combination of just about every detail of your plumbing system. We can make some guesses, but they are only approximate.

The chances are that the SWG will be fine on both high and low speed, while the heater will almost certainly require high speed. 700 to 4000 gph is 12 to 67 GPM. You are almost certainly going to have at least 12 GPM on low speed. There is some chance, though I judge it unlikely, that you will have more than 67 GPM on high speed.

If you post more details about your plumbing, pipe size, pipe length, number of plumbing runs in each direction to the pool, and so on, we can make a better guess.

Thanks, Jason. Pool boy is trying to figure that out, and wanted me to tell him if the Intex would be in the mix or not - I'll tell him "probably" and let him figure out where he wants stuff and post back with the hope that I can figure out a way to use the heater and SWG even though at least potentially they need different speeds. Thanks. (if you want to chime in on where to put equipment, I posted in an old thread about that . . . help-in-placing-pool-equipment-t35769.html (it was unclear to me if it was better posted in this thread or in the old one.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.