Jandy Valve & Prime Question

May 6, 2012
Hi,
I have a 3 way jandy valve for the main drain. The valve handle will only turn slightly to the left and to the right of the closed position giving me the impression that it's not fully open. There is water coming in from the main drain. Also, when the pool company closed the pool last year, they took the handle off of that particular valve..they left the handle on the one that controls the skimmers. why would they do that?

My other question is when I turn my filter off, I can hear water draining from the filter back into the system. I'm not seeing any leaks when the filter is running.

Thanks for your help.

Lynn

Welcome to TFP!

It only takes a tiny leak to allow the filter to drain down when the pump is off. The amount of water leaking might be so small that it is difficult to notice, or the leak could be underground where you can't see it leaking.

It is possible to put the handle on backwards, so that it hits the stops after very little movement.

Thanks. I did find a tiny drip at the bottom of the chlorinator dial, which is probably the o-ring.
I did try to re-orient the handle on the valve, but it would only go one way due to the grooves. Probably a good thing for those who are directionally challenged like myself!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.