Intex Pump is Broke

TrishD

May 5, 2012
I have a question...We set our AG pool up today and the pump is not working (Intex 2500gal that we just bought last summer). I called around this afternoon and cannot find another pump in town...looks like I'm going to have to order one online and hopefully get it by next Wednesday...The problem is the pool is full of water and salt...Do I need to ago ahead and add bleach to the pool? If so how much?

THANKS!

Welcome to TFP!

You will be fine until tomorrow evening. By then you either want the pump working, or you should add 2 ppm of chlorine by pouring slowly all the way around the pool and then brush the pool to help mix the chlorine into the water.

FWIW, I ditched the Intex pumps and got a sand filter/pump from the pool store. Plan is to put up the new 18' x 48" ultra frame soon, and put the sand filter on it. Based on past Intex experience I don't imagine the pump that comes with it will be up to the job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.