First pool, first pics, first test, and first post!

adamwahl

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
wilmington De
Hello we are new pool owners and are looking forward to the season. The pool was just turned over to us last week. I have been reading and learning alot here and thank all of you for the great resource for a newbee like me :goodjob: Just used mf TF-100 kit today - my son said i looked like a chemist LOL. The bigest battle i guess with a new pool is keeping the PH down - pebblefina finish with alot of stone below the watter also. Seams like i need to add acid evey few days...
result are:
CL 7
PH - 8.2
ta 110
CH 520
cya - 40
SALT 4200
I allready droped the ph but it climbs back up fast. I had the SWG at 80% pump running 12hrs a day - dropped this back to 60%. Thinking i need to raise the cya acording to suggest levels here. Any input will be welcomed :wave: Question - will salt level drop over time??

pool.jpg

photo.jpg

p5.jpg

p4.jpg

p3.jpg

p6.jpg

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Regardless of how much acid it takes, keep your pH below 7.8 all the time. Bring it down to 7.2 if you like and then bump it back down when it reaches 7.8 but before it gets to 8.0

Yeah, 60-80 CYA for an SWG pool is normal....you'll probably be able to cut the SWG back below 40% or so.

The salt content of your pool will reduce by spashout/refill and rain into the pool but it will take some time.

Once you get things just a little more steady, read the Pool School article, "How to lower TA". I would then suggest you lower your TA down to around 70 and see if that doesn't slow your pH rise.

First of all - Welcome and very nice looking pool and decking.

Having those waterfalls running all the time will raise your PH due to aeration, as will having the chlorine generator running for longer periods.

As duraleigh noted, a lower TA will help with PH creeping up. Once you have read pool school, you may also want to consider adding borates to your water, which also helps keep the PH drift in check. However, the borates are optional. I find just having the lower TA number helped greatly with my PH drifting up.

Welcome to TFP! Beautiful POOL! Bringing the PH down to 7.2 and then aerating will lower the TA but the side effect of aeration is it raises the PH. So you have to keep an eye on it daily. SWG and those waterfalls are aerating when there on so naturally that will cause you to drift up in PH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.