Minimal Black Algae...

rukruk

Oct 7, 2010
Hi everyone, new to this group but my pool is a victim of some maintenance but not to the amount needed, neglect in the winter...

I have a 20k gallon SWG pool. pentair 50 DE filter...

Running my test kit today -

FC - 3ppm
CC - 0
pH - 7.8
T/A - 120
Calcium hardness ~700 (pretty sure this is due to the calcium hypo chlorine used in the pool before enabling the SWG..)
CYA - 90

I have a small occurrence of black algae on a shadowed step, and this morning saw some smaller spots in the deep end...So I scrubbed most of them, but its still there.

So I'm left with a order of fixing stuff, I need to drain my pool both for the enormous calcium, but I'm left with either a trichlor tablet for the black algae trouble spots of just shock my entire pool

Any tips on how to go about getting my pool ready for summer?

Thanks

Start by getting CH and CYA down to something more reasonable. You won't make much progress until you do that.

Then verify that it really is black algae. If you touch black algae it should be slimy and if you scrape a little off with a finger nail and wipe it on paper it should look dark green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.