Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Building our own pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Bakersfield, CA

Building our own pool

I've been checking this site out for a few weeks as we prepare for our pool building.
    Found very good info all over. I'm sure I'll have some questions as we get started.
    Meanwhile here's what we're planning: 96 ft perimeter free form IG with 8 ft dia spa. Going with a bunch of Pentair equipment, including Intelliflo pump, Intellichlor, and Easy touch controller that I can now afford after throwing all the PB's estimates in the trash. Wish me luck.
    Can hopefully post some pics of the dig next week.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD
    Welcome to TFP!

Good Luck
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Lafayette, Louisiana
    Good luck with your build!

I'm about halfway through my self-contract build too...I'll be saving $20k to $25k. I have a link to my build post in my sig. Let me know if you have any questions.

Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...