Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: telescoping pool pole which one

1. Back To Top    #1

telescoping pool pole which one

hey guys what pool pole do you guys recommend/like. im looking for an 8'/16' pole. fluted, smooth or fiberglass. thanks guys

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: telescoping pool pole which one

My advice is pick whichever one is lightest, even a little weight adds up when it has a 10+ foot long pole as a lever.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

I have a really heavy duty fiberglass and a mid-level to cheap aluminum.

For me, the best pole would be a really heavy duty aluminum. It will weigh less than the fiberglass and be more rigid. (and I think they may weather a little better but thats merely aesthetics)
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Houston, Texas

I bought a cheap aluminum one and it lasted about 5 months of pushing around my wire brush. I still keep it for use with the basket attachment. Even though the holes are broken it will hold the basket. I bought a heavy duty aluminum one--the most expensive one at the pool store--and it's going on a year and it looks like it will last for years.
    9,200 gal. Gunite Luna Quartz French Grey pool with spill over spa, two fountains on tanning ledge (rarely used)
    Pentair Whisperflo 2HP, Pentair CCP Cartridge 420 Sq. Ft., Polaris 280 with booster pump
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, RayPak LoNox 266k Natural Gas heater, Aqua Rite SWCG T Cell 9, Borates, TF-100 test kit