Jandy Gas Heater Rapidly Switching On and Off

kevreh

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2007
Annandale, VA
It seems like everything that could go wrong is during this spring startup. Now my 4 year old heater (Jandy Lite 2) is acting up. There's a switch or valve that makes a loud clicking noise. It sounds like its trying to start or ignite the gas. The switch clicks like a few times a second. The odd thing is this happens after the heater is on for a while.

Is there something that keeps the flame going? The ignitor is only used to start things, not maintain them right?

As far as I know the gas source is fine. But if the gas source is bad maybe the gas stops and the ignitor is trying to restart things.

Any other possible issues?

TIA,
Kevin

Model number is LJ250N. Are there common issues with certain models?

I think I might know what it is. After a few hours of running, air builds up in my solar panels and passes through the heater and to the pool. I read in the heater manual the frequent switching on and off can be because of air in the system. So today I bypassed the solar panels and so far so good, no problems.

Now I need to find how air is getting into the solar panels. I know there's a type of pressure relief fitting on the top of the panels plumbing. I suspect that could bring air into the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.