Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Double Head Adjustable Output

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

Stenner Double Head Adjustable Output

I just ordered a single head to feed my chlorine. If I decide to feed my muriatic acid, could i replace the single head with a dual? Any issue with one pumping chlorine and the other pumping muriatic acid? The injection points will be after the filter and as far apart as I can put them. The Stenner is controlled by my main pool timer/controller and will only come on when my pump does.

As secondary question... Is there a flow meter when acts as a switch to turn off power if no flow is detected? For safety, I would really like to have such a device to prevent chlorine and muriatic acid from mixing in the PVC if the pump dies or looses prime...
    20k Gunite/Prism Blue-Pebblesheen, Pentair Tagelus TA-100D Sand Filter, Heliocol Solar Water Heater, 2 bubblers and 2 waterfalls installed 2007, 3hp IntelliFlo VS Pump 011018 installed 2013, Aquabot Turbo T4 RC and Stenner 45MHP10 w/The Liquidator container installed 2012.
    Antigua Spa by Artesian Spas: 325 gl, 52 jets, 6 hp 2 sp & 6 hp 1 sp, Circulation System 24 Hour Whisper Pure, Ozonator, LED digital lighting, The Artesian Pillowfall installed 2007.
    Retired: 2hp Pentair Whisperflow, Legend Platinum w/booster pump, PH Adjuster

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Stenner Double Head Adjustable Output

My understanding is that the dual head model only has a single feed rate control, which makes using it for two different chemicals problematic.

It is certainly possible to create a flow switch to shutdown the dosing pump, but you would probably have to assemble something out of various parts. All of the flow switches I know of are low voltage switches, which would need to be connected to a power supply and relay to be able to cut off the dosing pump.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School