Pentair Auto Fill installation problem.

I've run into a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me solve. I made a last minute decision to order an autofill for our new pool. Pentair T-40. The problem is that my pool deck will 3.5" thick and the autofill cover ring doesn't extend up that high. I ordered some extension collars for the two pentair skimmers but they don't make one for the autofill. Pentair suggested I use a vanishing edge auto fill instead since it has a taller neck. The problem is that I can't get it in time. Their shooting the pool on Thursday and the couple of places I talked to don't stock it. Here's a quick drawing I did to illustrate the problem. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue?

It is not absolutely essential that the deck collar and the auto fill tank match up exactly, though it certainly is nice. The water level will normally be below the top of the autofill tank, so anything that keeps concrete out during the pour will work. The disadvantage is that the autofill can surge up and possibly leak around your impromptu collar if kids are producing particularly vigorous waves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.