Cover Free health concerns

swmlvr

May 4, 2012
My pool company has recommended Cover Free. I have a free form pool so covering it meant that we did not use it much as I couldn't remove it alone when I wanted to swim. Our nights are cool so I usually just swim in cool water. Now, however, I have 4 grandchildren who need it warmer. My concern is 1. the chemical getting into their mouths when they swim (freshwater pool), and 2. how will the chemical react to sunscreen residue that will also be surface. I suspect they might bond and end up stuck in the filter rather than return to the pool??? Please don't worry about being too technical if you have a response to why or why not either of these questions might be a concern.

Re: Solar Rings

My new "pool people" tell me the rings are "awesome". I am considering those or the liquid cover. I just posted on the page about liquid solar cover products. I have always maintained my own pool but with life becoming overwhelmingly busy I have had to enlist some help. A solar cover on our free form pool was making it too difficult to manage when I found time for a quick swim. Any other suggestions?

swmlvr said:
My pool company has recommended Cover Free. I have a free form pool so covering it meant that we did not use it much as I couldn't remove it alone when I wanted to swim. Our nights are cool so I usually just swim in cool water. Now, however, I have 4 grandchildren who need it warmer. My concern is 1. the chemical getting into their mouths when they swim (freshwater pool), and 2. how will the chemical react to sunscreen residue that will also be surface. I suspect they might bond and end up stuck in the filter rather than return to the pool??? Please don't worry about being too technical if you have a response to why or why not either of these questions might be a concern.

Most children are much more tolerant of the cold water then grownups are. Let them swim, they'll tell you when they are cold.

PS: as much as they run around playing , they aren't going to get cold!

texasdad said:
Most children are much more tolerant of the cold water then grownups are. Let them swim, they'll tell you when they are cold.

PS: as much as they run around playing , they aren't going to get cold!

My 4 year old nephew will sit there with teeth chattering and blue lips and will tell me he's not cold.

I've used a liquid cover starting last year. From what I've seen, it's not even close to a regular solar cover, even in mild temperatures. It does seem to help during the early spring and late fall with my water evaporation if I use both the liquid and the cover. So, I use it for the first and last months of the season to reduce my refill rate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.