TA under 20, how to raise it after no drain acid wash

Aug 1, 2010
Europe
Hi again everyone. I recently did the 1st test of the season and i realised that my TA has dropped to 0-20. I'm guessing this is because each time my solar heating switches on it injects a load of air into the pool causing aeriation and loss of carbonates.
Anyway, I've started a no-drain acid wash try to clean off some iron oxide staining and dropped the pH to 4 and scrubbing like mad.
My question is this; what is the best method I could use to raise the TA back up to at least 80 (to keep my CSI in range) once I let the pH drift back up (as it has a tendency to).
I was thinking of using Bicarb of Soda but I thought it best run it by you experts first.

It depends on how low your PH is right now. If your PH is more or less normal the Bicarb of Soda is great. But if your PH is really really low (as it sometimes is after a no drain acid wash) then you want to use borax or soda ash.

Thanks for your swift reply Jason. I only have Boric acid available ( and my borates are at 50 already where I would like them to stay).
I do have "Sodium hydrogen carbonate" available. Would that be any good if the pH is really low (for example 4) ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.