Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Correct reagents? and extra tests

1. Back To Top    #1

Correct reagents? and extra tests

Hi all,

Successfully opened pool to nice clear water this past weekend. In running my startup tests I found I was low on some reagents. I have been buying through Amato Industries online. My question is, is there a difference between the reagents marked Taylor and the bottles that aren't. i.e. there is a .75 oz bottle of R-0003 for $2 and a Taylor R-0003 for $3.40. What sources are there for reliable reagent refills.

Also, I'm thinking of using the borates to improve the water feel. I have also read that adding salt improves feel. Is this true? I do not have a way to test for borates or salt. I found a test kit, Taylot K-1766, for salt for ~$19, is this worth bothering with?

I have not found a kit or strips to test the borates, any sources or method to test?

Thanks,
    Bruce
    25000 gal IG gunite plaster. Built in spa, built 1984.
    48 SF Hayward DE-4800 filter
    1 hp Hayward super pump
    3/4 hp Polaris PB-4 booster pump, Polaris 380
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Correct reagents? and extra tests

The best source for tests and/or refills is TFTestKits (see sig). They have the salt test strips and the K-1766 kit. They also have Borate test strips.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit