Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cleaner w/ quick disconnect has broken pins

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cleaner w/ quick disconnect has broken pins

Hi all!,

I have a pool cleaner that connects to the wall with a quick disconnect connection.
    There are 2 pins that the quick disconnect hooks onto inside the socket on the wall of the pool.
    Those 2 pins have broken off I guess due to use/age.
    Can that outer receptacle be replaced easily...in other words does it screw off or something.

To clarify, I am talking about replacing the female part that is in the wall of the pool.

Thanks!

1) 12,000 gallons
    2) DE filter
    3) In ground pool
    4) plaster
    5) 1.5hp pump
    Don't know flow of filter, but the DE Unit is 2ft diameter and about 3ft tall (kinda egg shaped).

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool cleaner w/ quick disconnect has broken pins

Yes, that female part can be replaced. Here is the Sku #: W400BLGP

3. Back To Top    #3

Actually, that part is for vacuum right? I need the one for pressure that has the pins on the inside to hold the hose on the connector.

Thanks!

I found it, it's the Hayward pool cleaner universal wall fitting. Thanks TFP & blakej!

Eric
    1) 12,000 gallons
    2) DE filter
    3) In ground pool
    4) plaster
    5) 1.5hp pump
    Don't know flow of filter, but the DE Unit is 2ft diameter and about 3ft tall (kinda egg shaped).

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks like a polaris....I've replaced my wall fitting before. Like this one:

http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Automat ... 60650.html
    IG Plaster 20,000gal, attached spa w/ spillover, hayward C12002 cart filter, 1 1/2hp pump w/ polaris 360
    6/16/12 - PH 7.6, FC 6, CC 0, CYA 30, TA 80, Calcium 310

5. Back To Top    #5

Hope this is ok to post, since its been awhile.

New pool, previous owner i guess put in crooked, just recently noticed polaris didnt have pressure.
    The Adapter Fitting ''bung'' was cracked and bypassing flow.
    I bought new Adapter Fitting , when i tryined to unscrew from wall it just crumbled!
    I tryed picking at it for an hour in the rain, would not budge. What should i do? thoght about hacksaw blade but i do not want to damage further.

The piece in the wall that Adapter Fitting screws into, if i damage that, whats the repair, to actually drain water, freaking drill out and replace then cement around? im terrified this will be the outcome.
    thanks for any suggestions!
    25k I/G ecostar ccplus Polaris plaster

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by marty
    Hope this is ok to post, since its been awhile.

New pool, previous owner i guess put in crooked, just recently noticed polaris didnt have pressure.
    The Adapter Fitting ''bung'' was cracked and bypassing flow.
    I bought new Adapter Fitting , when i tryined to unscrew from wall it just crumbled!
    I tryed picking at it for an hour in the rain, would not budge. What should i do? thoght about hacksaw blade but i do not want to damage further.

The piece in the wall that Adapter Fitting screws into, if i damage that, whats the repair, to actually drain water, freaking drill out and replace then cement around? im terrified this will be the outcome.
    thanks for any suggestions!
    You're on the right track. Use a hacksaw blade to make a longitudinal score in the adapter until you get to the threads in the in-wall fitting. At that point you can usually use a screw driver to break it loose enough to get it out.

Don't worry about buggering up the threads on the in-wall fitting, they can be cleaned up by scraping them out, then running a 1.5" pipe thread piece in, carefully, until the threads are clear.

Next time start a new thread so it doesn't confuse people.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!