Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I mark posts as read?

1. Back To Top    #1

How do I mark posts as read?

On most forums, I have the ability to mark all posts as read, so i can start with a clean "View unread posts" slate, as it were.

I don't see that option here at TFP...furthermore, reading a post doesn't seem to remove it from the "View unread Posts" list.

What am I missing?
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How do I mark posts as read?

The "mark forums read" link on the right side near the bottom of the index page should do it.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you logged in when this happens? If so clear all troublefreepool cookies.

There's also a Mark Topics Read in each individual section in the upper right hand corner above the frame.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    The "mark forums read" link on the right side near the bottom of the index page should do it.
    Ah, that was indeed what I was looking for. Just expected it to be present elsewhere. Thanks!
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

5. Back To Top    #5

How would I mark unread posts in the View unread posts link to be read rather than going to each of them?
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Open each in a new tab and just close it, I guess.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep, that's no fun... that would be nice to have the same configuration as you find within the individual forums.
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    Open each in a new tab and just close it, I guess.
    That, very specifically, is what is NOT working for me. And yes, I'm logged in, and have cleared cookies and all that happy stuff.
    -Gordon

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

This may help.

I log on and look at the "new posts by date". I then browse those, reading only the ones I want to. Then when I am done with that session, I Logout manually.

When I am ready for a new session, I log back on, select, "New posts by date" and it only shows me those posts that are new since I logged out.

Not exactly what you are asking for but it's a good way to browse the forums.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    This may help.

I log on and look at the "new posts by date". I then browse those, reading only the ones I want to. Then when I am done with that session, I Logout manually.

When I am ready for a new session, I log back on, select, "New posts by date" and it only shows me those posts that are new since I logged out.

Not exactly what you are asking for but it's a good way to browse the forums.
    Ick. Logging in and out every visit would drive me nuts.

Could we perhaps add the "Mark forums read" link to the bottom of the "View unread posts" results page? That would make life soooooo much simpler.
    -Gordon

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

Logging in and out every visit would drive me nuts.
    It is one click both ways.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School