Latham vs. Cardinal wedding cake steps in pool remodel?

Jan 7, 2012
Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We are replacing our pool liner and want to put in a vinyl over step - wedding cake corner steps. The PB has offered 3 options, a Latham thermoplastic with fiberglass rod system, a Cardinal steel with fiberglass rod system and a Cardinal steel with receiver. There is approx. $1,000 price difference between the first option and the last and the PB is a bit sketchy on what the functional differences are and what the best option is. Is the receiver system that much better or is the rod system adequate. Steel vs. thermoplastic ?? If someone has some familiarity with these different steps and could advise we would certainly appreciate it. Thanks very much.

Hmmmm - sounds like I have a dilemma ! When you say the rod system will not hold as well can you please explain. I am unfamiliar with these steps and their design. Thanks.

The rod wont hold the liner against the back of the steps as well as a beaded liner system will. The rod system is just a loop of liner material with a 1/4 rod in it. Latham does have a new stepystem like the cardinal one where it has a bead like what is around the top of the liner to hold the liner into the step.

Thanks very much for the reply - I have asked my PB to check on the Lathem with the receiver as that sounds like the best of both worlds (receiver bead and thermoplastic). Apppreciate your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.