Robotic Pool cleaner Help

folly

May 3, 2012
Two years ago purchased a home with a 20' x 40' inground vinyl liner pool and converted to saltwater. Basically I'm still "green" when it comes to pools. We manually cleaned for a while and finally decided enough was enough, so decided to purchase a robotic cleaner. I can't decide on best robotic cleaner for my application and would appreciate some advice. Most of the debris in the pool is pollen, and sand from filter. Occasionally we will get leaves and pine needles. This debris sticks along the sides and settles on the bottom of the pool. I have looked at the polaris 9400, aquabot t2, and the water tech blue diamond. I was all set on the polaris and then I read it was better for large debris? Thanks in advance for your input. Please let me know if I forgot any information.

You're right the Polaris team of robotic cleaners filter down to about 100 microns. The other 2 you mentioned filter down to <15 microns. The trade off is having to deal with the filter bag rather than the easy to use canister Polaris has. However, with your type of debris, you need something that can be the tiny stuff.

We have had a lot of great success with the PVA brushes for the Blue Diamond on more "slippery" pool surfaces (Liner and Fiberglass). The T2 might clean a bit faster, but doesn't come included with a caddy. They both have good warranties for pool cleaners. None of the three will have an issue with that size pool.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.