Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What TFP has done to me..........

1. Back To Top    #1

What TFP has done to me..........

Well I'm sure the subject line got some attention. I just wanted to share my experience and let the story and results tell the story....

This is my 5th year as a pool owner. At best, I am a novice when it come to pools and how to maintain. For example, last year alone, it took me until July 4th to get my pool clean and clear enough to finally let the family and friends go for a dip...over two month into the season that I spent countless hours working to clear, clean and make safe a large investment that continued to make me wish I had never put the pool in. This is not to mention the nearly $2000 that I spent on items and issues the my local "pool expert(s)" suggest that I throw at the thing. This included burning out a SWG cell, a filter cartridge I didn't need, and killed some robot filters in the process. Needless to say, I put myself at the mercy of those who did not know........

I found this site and read, and re-read tons of post, directions and solutions. The one thing that remained consistant were the directions and how to fix all the problem that I had experienced. When you can repeat results with the same direction from many who have been here before me, it doesn't take a genius to follow the simple easy way.

I bought the TF-100 as suggested ( a great VALUE), and had it here in less than one day. Did my test, posted my results, and followed the pool school direction, pool-calc amounts, and ask questions when I didn't understand. Results??.....I've spent LESS than $75 so far this year, have the pool opened by May 1 and most important, have a clear, clean and SAFE pool for my family and friends. Got to be an idiot if you "poo-poo" those results!!!

The knowledge here is priceless. The honest, open kindness of those who help is in a class by itself. I can never thanks all those who have helped me without a single request for $$$.

So if you are on the fence about going BBB, or you have any question IF this really works, please feel free to add to this post and/or PM me.....I'll be glad to give you facts and facts only.

Back to the "What TFP has done to me"........just made me a very happy pool owner with lots more cash in my pocket and most important----a clean, clear and SAFE pool.

Thanks for listening....results don't lie!!

Samiguy
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What TFP has done to me..........

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hard to screw it up with the right info, huh!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad you've fallen off the right side of the fence... right into that nice, clean sparkling pool and not that pile you found on the other side!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

One thing that TFP did for me was wake me up to the fact that some of my friends swimming pools are filthy and disgusting and are that way due to simple lack of knowledge and/or caring.

The BBB solution is so simple and straight forward, the initial testing and getting up to speed on how things work is a bit of a challenge but all it takes is a bit of commitment and sitting down to perform a few tests. I couldn't believe after a couple of weeks I had all the testing processes memorized, I knew all the normal numbers and in a few more weeks I was confidently anticipating the needs of the water and assumptions were reinforced thru testing....and my water was awesome, I was proud of how clean and clear it was.

Also, this is the only forum I'm active on. The posters/admin here are friendly and helpful.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm in the same boat. I started here when I bought a house with a pool and I had no idea what I was doing. It's been nothing but great for me although I still can't get my wife to understand how it's ok to pour bleach in the pool.... I've almost got her convinced though.

Anytime I hear a conversation about pools, I always refer those involved to this site.
    15x32 vinyl liner, 14,400 gal, 1.4hp Centurion pump, 3/4 hp booster pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, Hayward H200 heater (digital readout)
    Aqua Rite Electronic Chlorine Generator, Hayward Phantom cleaner, TF 100 test kit
    Pool School, Pool Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

Any time I mention bleach people seem to be thinking whether or not they should be phoning the gov't to take my children or something, they think I'm an imbecile.
    Meanwhile I get advice like 'I've got one puck left that I'm trying to make last the rest of the summer".
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by joshs2000ss
    I still can't get my wife to understand how it's ok to pour bleach in the pool.... I've almost got her convinced though.
    When I converted, I took her to the store, and showed her the ingredients on a bottle of bleach, and a bottle of liquid chlorine. And she said, "OK, I trust you".
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit