pool liner problems

May 3, 2012
We just had a vinyl pool installed. The liner goes over the steps and the corners are a 2 foot reverse radius. The liner at the step end is not fitting tight against the corner or at the edge by the steps. The pool installer told me it just needs time to adjust. Any thoughts?

The temperature is around 85 but when I say it doesn't fit I mean it is buckling. It does this all across the top step into the reverse radius corner. When standing and looking at the edge you can see a ripple appearance.

That's the reason I am putting out questions,because they are trying to tell me this is how all liner pools look. I am questioning other people with liner pools to see if this is indeed the case.

We need to see a picture of what you are describing before we can tell if what you are seeing is going to be ok or not. If you don't have a digital camera, try to borrow one and take a few pictures of the problem area. You can use a photo hosting site such as photobucket to upload the photo and then post the link in this forum.

I had a lot of concerns during the liner installation process. I watched them set it all up only to take it down and shift it one way or the other a few inches. Every few mins. the crew leader was on the phone with the PB getting advice/instruction (in Spanish, which I can understand). The crew leader was suggesting the liner was a few inches too long....when they decided it was good enough and started putting water in it I voiced my concerns, and asked about the length (in English). The steps at this point had wrinkles and folds in the corners....eventually they got them worked out, they also used my heater to get the water up to 85, and now that the water is 90 all the wrinkles are gone either by water weight, pushing them out, or liner "settling in". PB also decided to raise my permanent water level to 1/2 inch below top of skimmer inlet, presumably to get more water of the top step (he didn't say). I'm happy. These pic are at night with lights on, you can see everything under these circumstances.....good and bad....

Good
IMG_2191.jpg

Bad
IMG_2199.jpg

During fill up
IMG_2110.jpg

Sorry don't have picture of the "folds" that were there, I guess i didn't want to take a picture of them, but they all went away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
the original pictures i sent are no longer valid as they drained the pool and readjusted the liner on 5/7.unfortunately i am not 100% happy with these results either. the corners don't appear to be tight enough.do you all think with time they will tighten? I will say the air temp since 5/7 has not been greater than mid 70s so the new water would be even colder. i will send pics later but my daughter did other and i don't know how to attach till she gets home from school. thanks for all help