Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool half full and plaster makes it look green - help!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool half full and plaster makes it look green - help!!

So my pool is about halfway filled. The color of plaster I picked is Crystal Stones Caribbean Blue which is a blue base with black and tan pebbles. It looks so green to me right now! I wanted more of a gray blue color. Will the color change when the chemicals are added to the water? Do newly installed pebble finishes change a little bit after water is in them for awhile? Do I just need to calm down and reserve judgement until the whole thing is full?
    Jana - Central Texas
    Pool Stats: Approx. 20,000 gallon freeform pool completed 5/3/2012. Pentair Triton II Sand Filter, 2 - Heyward Super II Pumps, In-line chlorinator, 3 water sheers on 36' raised beam, CrystalStones Mini Pebble Finish in Caribbean Blue, Leuder Limestone coping and raised beam, 1300 sq. ft. stained and stamped concrete decking.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool half full and plaster makes it look green - help!!

Copper in the water would do that but I would wait till it's full and some bleach and it will probably go away. PB will do your start-up wait till they do it so you don't void your warranty.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

3. Back To Top    #3

mine was green too when we first filled it up, see my photos on page 2
    first-day-of-construction-wow-t33822-20.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Your pool will not look right until the chemicals are balanced. It may be a week or easily longer before it settles in to its true color. What you are seeing is your fill water, not as clear as you thought, huh? Dont worry, be happy! It's all good.

BEFORE

AFTER

5. Back To Top    #5

Got a picture? I agree that it's almost certainly fine, but showing a shot of your stunning new pool wouldnt hurt anybody, would it?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the info and pictures, y'all made me feel much better! I guess I have another thing to look forward to, the pool water becoming what it is meant to be. You can find pictures on the Freeform pool in Texas...thread. I haven't uploaded any today though. Pool is still filling.
    Jana - Central Texas
    Pool Stats: Approx. 20,000 gallon freeform pool completed 5/3/2012. Pentair Triton II Sand Filter, 2 - Heyward Super II Pumps, In-line chlorinator, 3 water sheers on 36' raised beam, CrystalStones Mini Pebble Finish in Caribbean Blue, Leuder Limestone coping and raised beam, 1300 sq. ft. stained and stamped concrete decking.