Pool pump/filter timings

KBL

Jun 26, 2011
Hi guys,

Have read your forum for tips and tricks, very informative, thanks. :)
I have a question regarding pool pump/filter timings.
Considering the specs in my sig, is 6 hours 2 x 3 hrs enough to filter pool daily?

K

Re: Pool pump/filter tiimings

Welcome to TFP!

There isn't enough information there to make a guess. Even if there was, it would only be a guess. The best way to find out is to try it and see how things go.

Thanks Jason.
Not easy as the pool is not used frequently and I'm not there until the summer. I was wondering if I could have the times reduced due to lack of activity for prolonged periods at the moment.
What other info would be required?

K

Found this..

TritonIIPoolpumpTurnover.jpg

So looking at those figures 10hr is enough to effectively filter the pool twice. So if not in use One filter a day for 2.5hrs may be enough when not used? Guess work as you say.
I guess I will pass that info on to pool man and suggest he try it. Hopefully it is enough, electricity prices in Cyprus have gone through the roof. :cry:

One other thing to keep in mind on filter operations, some locations use prime and non-prime metering depending on time of day of electricity useage, if you are in such an area, you can schedule your filter operation time during these lower electricty rate times.

Ike

Well, the pool timings have been altered and running now for a while and all seems to be going well. That's even with the pool being used on a daily basis for a month or so as well. :-D

Just been contacted by the pool guy. The pump flange has gone and cannot be repaired. New pump will be €395 fitted.
Now, I have not had any experience of pumps and do not know if this is a good, bad or average price for a replacement.
I have asked if it more energy efficient than the original and am waiting for his reply.
What should I be looking for?

TIA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.