Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool pump/filter timings

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool pump/filter timings

Hi guys,

Have read your forum for tips and tricks, very informative, thanks.
    I have a question regarding pool pump/filter timings.
    Considering the specs in my sig, is 6 hours 2 x 3 hrs enough to filter pool daily?

K
    19000 Gallons IG Vinyl Pool (Location Pissouri Cyprus)
    Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter Filter Area 3.1SqFt (Flow rate 3000 g/m)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool pump/filter tiimings

Welcome to TFP!

There isn't enough information there to make a guess. Even if there was, it would only be a guess. The best way to find out is to try it and see how things go.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason.
    Not easy as the pool is not used frequently and I'm not there until the summer. I was wondering if I could have the times reduced due to lack of activity for prolonged periods at the moment.
    What other info would be required?

K

4. Back To Top    #4

The brand, model, and size of your pump plus the clean filter pressure are usually enough to get a preliminary estimate.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Found this..

So looking at those figures 10hr is enough to effectively filter the pool twice. So if not in use One filter a day for 2.5hrs may be enough when not used? Guess work as you say.
    I guess I will pass that info on to pool man and suggest he try it. Hopefully it is enough, electricity prices in Cyprus have gone through the roof.

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: Pool pump/filter timings

One other thing to keep in mind on filter operations, some locations use prime and non-prime metering depending on time of day of electricity useage, if you are in such an area, you can schedule your filter operation time during these lower electricty rate times.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, the pool timings have been altered and running now for a while and all seems to be going well. That's even with the pool being used on a daily basis for a month or so as well.

8. Back To Top    #8

Just been contacted by the pool guy. The pump flange has gone and cannot be repaired. New pump will be €395 fitted.
    Now, I have not had any experience of pumps and do not know if this is a good, bad or average price for a replacement.
    I have asked if it more energy efficient than the original and am waiting for his reply.
    What should I be looking for?

TIA