Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool and THANKFUL for Autopilot and Poolsean

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool and THANKFUL for Autopilot and Poolsean

Just installed a new fiberglass pool in NJ and now learning how to setup and maintain a pool as a first time pool owner. I have a 14 x 32 freeform with approx 10k-11k gals. I have a Hayward 1.5hp superpump and sand filter, Autopilot Dig 48 SWG and Heat Siphone 3.25 Heat Pump. I purchased the Autopilot on what forums users on the net seems to like and for the info Poolsean shared. In setting up the pool I made the error of not balancing the pool prior to adding salt. Secondly was told my pool was approx 13K gal so overshot the amount of salt necessary. Now I was in trouble. I was able to speak with Autopilots poolsean and he delivered amazing customer service. I am currently following his advice to get me back on the right track. Being a first time pool owner is a big learning curve but poolsean and others in these forums sure help to simplify the process. Its a good feeling to know we can go to places like this forum and help each other with what has worked and what hasnt. Make sure you balance your pool prior to running your SWG. Also if your not sure of your pool gallons scale back your salt input...you can always add more. Thanks poolsean and to the others here and look forward to sharing any information that I learn here on TFP.
    14 x 32 Fiberglass Pool 10K gal. Hayward Pump and Sand Filter. Autopilot SWG Dig 48 and Heat Siphon 3.25sx Heat Pump.

The Pool Calculator
    Chlorine/CYA Chart by Chemgeek

2. Back To Top    #2
    I agree. Not only excellent customer service but Poolsean really takes a personal interest. I too oversalted my new pool. With a series of drain and refill its perfect.

Donnie
    8500 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

3. Back To Top    #3

awe shucks...
    Just trying to help where I can.
    Thanks for selecting Pool Pilot.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

4. Back To Top    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolsean
    awe shucks...
    Just trying to help where I can.
    Thanks for selecting Pool Pilot.
    I'll bet the time Sean spends on the boards helping people doesn't cost his company as much as one ad in a pool magazine. Better results I'd bet. Every product has problems, but the companies that actually care whether their customers are happy after they buy the product are the ones people want to deal with.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

hi isbarkley and welcome
    I also have a fiberglass pool 13*33 holds 10,000 gal the manufacture told me 10,000 gal was the fill for my pool you need to subtract the coping size( in my case it was 4" all the way around the pool which would make 8" so my pool would be 12'4" * 32'4". The center of my skimmer is 6" below the top of the shell so I had to subtract those gallons which was a lot of water. I brought this up because you said you over shot with your salt. This was my pool and dont know if yours is this way or not Just a thought. I would guess all fiberglass pool are figured this way but maybe not. Looks like we have the same heater also my heat pump works excelente for the size of my pool and only a 3/4 pump.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa