Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OOOOOO! I think I may.....

1. Back To Top    #1

OOOOOO! I think I may.....

.....join my INTEX friends here at TFP and start my dig today for my new pool!

<------I know most of you are looking at my avatar saying Huh?! But there is a beautiful pool right there! It was a beautiful pool but my brother and his wife now own it due to a divorce I suffered through in 2010-11. We put it up in his yard last year and I set my SIL up on BBB and even gave her my test kit so I have to buy a new one.

I have been telling my new husband that I want a pool! I want! I Want! I WANT a pool! It is a necesity for me since owning one and he has said before that I should just go to my brother's house and swim... which yeah, I could do but I want to walk outside and get in the pool, NOT the car!

I have a lot of work to do. I have set up 2 24' pools and 2 smaller pools in my lifetime for the kids n I and now this one. I know what I have to do, it's just going to take me time to do it! I am looking into the 15x48 Intex Metal Frame pool and I'm going to make it a home in the front/side yard because it's fenced in and I have kids that run the neighborhood so.... It's not Ideal IMO but it will give me peace of mind and keep the kids safely away from it!

I will woooooo you all later with pics. Stay tuned! I'm excited to get this started!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: OOOOOO! I think I may.....

Good luck with the project! Can't wait to see pics of the process!

3. Back To Top    #3

We're happy for you, Casey
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

It has been crazy BF! You know that too! It is so nice to have my life back and I'm so happy where I am at this very moment!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Hi, Casey,

It is so much fun to have your energy back on the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi Dave! I have been visiting late at night while at work! It feels good to be back after being gone for almost 2 years. This site does not help me keep my mouth shut to hubby on how badly I want a pool!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome back!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome back! Did you get custody of the dog(s) (I think I remember you had dogs that swam with you) -- if so, they'll be happy for the Intex I bet!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

9. Back To Top    #9

My swimmer passed away this past October. We just got a Rottenweiler soon after who is totally rotten and hates water. The boxer is not thrilled with the pool but loves the hose!

10. Back To Top    #10

Have I showed you guys my new baby? She is rotten! Her name is Boo. I nicknamed her Sugar **** (tatas) but Jim doesn't like me to call her in the house by that name because I call Mummy Ava (boxer) Honey Lips. So when they are outside I yell, "Here Sugar **** and Honey Lips!" And they come running!

11. Back To Top    #11

She's a ham! Can ya tell?! She makes love to the camera!

She was in the dog house the other day for eating my motorcycle glasses that I just bought 2 hours earlier. She lifted them right from my bike bag while I was in the shower.

12. Back To Top    #12

And here is my Mummy Ava. I call her Mummy because she helped me train Boo.

I won't post to many pics of Mummy because she hates the camera. Most of her pics are from behind or when she is sleeping. She is a character. Most boxers are. This second pic, I'm trying to convince her why it's a good idea to get up and go to bed. I had to poke, prod, nudge and sweet talk her for 20 minutes that night! She hates to be woken up.

13. Back To Top    #13

Okay! That's enough for pimping the puppies.

Jim told me that the guy who is coming out to move the 10 tons of dirt we had delivered in April is coming on Wednesday to take a look at the job and he is going to ask him to level off a spot for my pool. I have changed my mind and will be putting it beside the garage because I went with a 16x48 and it won't fit in the fenced in area. So, that is that. I am going to try and get the guy to level me an area about 20ft so in a couple years I will just throw an 18ft pool there and have Jim build us a deck. I don't think I will want to mess with an inground on that hill. I'd be stupid ($$$$$) but you never know! I do know that we have discussed selling when he retires. I told him I want a flat yard so I can have an inground pool!

So, I am going to call the borough in a few hours and see if I need to pull a permit for this.

14. Back To Top    #14

I wanted to ask, how many pavers does one need for the Intex 16x48 Ultra Frame pool? I would like to purchase these within the next few weeks and get them set so I can have my sand delivered, leveled and compacted before I get the pool onsite.

15. Back To Top    #15

Just curious, how are you going to position them without the bottom frame in place as a template? I'd end up with them all whompy jawed!

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

16. Back To Top    #16

I'm sure I could convince a fellow TFP'er to go out to their pool with a tape measure and get me measurements cuz that's how we roll here!

17. Back To Top    #17

Hadn't thought of that. Figured I'd end up with it out of round and I've read on here about needing to adjust the pavers a bit as the pool fills and the legs expand outward. But if as you say someone gives you the measurements that'd be covered.

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!

18. Back To Top    #18

And as for "how we roll here", quite right! This is a fabulous group of people!

Angie M.

19. Back To Top    #19

You won't find a better group of people with one thing in common and that is a trouble free pool... and it just isn't water quality but installs, equipment malfuntions, equipment advice on future purchases, shoulda, woulda, coulda advice, the best test kits ever from Mr. Dave... the BIG GREEN MONSTER to Sparkilitis... should I go on?

20. Back To Top    #20

I called the Borough and the woman told me she didn't think I needed a permit but to call back after 9am Tuesday and ask the Code Enforcment Officer himself so that is what I'm going to do. They usually say as long as I'm not adding onto the house, they don't care. I know when we installed my old pool at my brother's house, they wanted to know how long, where, and wouldn't pass them unless they had a locking ladder. I find it hard to believe I won't have someone breathing down my neck...