Aqualink with new pool question.......

Mar 10, 2012
I'm in the process of building a new pool. Gunite was shot Monday 5/3. The pool was originally bid with the Jandy PDA6 controller. In final negotiations, I got them to agree to make the system operable from off site using an iphone or mobile device. Now the final contract includes installing an upgrade kit to the PDA6 to make it iphone functional. My question is, why not install one of the "new installation" kits that includes this function since the pool is new instead of "tacking on" as you would do with an existing pool? I asked the PB to look into this but haven't heard anything back. Is it cheaper for them to go the "upgrade" route or do you think they just didn't realize there was a new install kit that included everything? I think it's an honest oversight because the PB admittedly has not done an iphone capable system before. Anyway, I'm just looking for some input because I'm new at all of this and just wanting to get it right the first time. Thanks for your input!

I may be wrong, but I think that the "upgrade" still allow you to use the PDA which is waterproof, whereas iPhones are not.... From personal experience!! I just leave the PDA outside by the pool with no worries of dropping in the pool/spa. I am curious how this works, because I am interested in the upgrade

EPCompX2 said:
I may be wrong, but I think that the "upgrade" still allow you to use the PDA which is waterproof, whereas iPhones are not.... From personal experience!! I just leave the PDA outside by the pool with no worries of dropping in the pool/spa. I am curious how this works, because I am interested in the upgrade

According to the PB, any of the systems will always include the PDA.

The new systems, IQ904-P or IQ904-PS are only available as RS4 Pool and Spa combo systems w/ 4-relay size boxes. If you want more auxiliaries, you need a bigger box. This is why they are starting with something else and then "tacking on".

At this time, the PDA version of the iAquaLink is not released yet. You can have a standard AquaLink RS system with an AquaPalm as a secondary control and the iAquaLink as a primary control.

BlazeRegulator said:
The new systems, IQ904-P or IQ904-PS are only available as RS4 Pool and Spa combo systems w/ 4-relay size boxes. If you want more auxiliaries, you need a bigger box. This is why they are starting with something else and then "tacking on".

At this time, the PDA version of the iAquaLink is not released yet. You can have a standard AquaLink RS system with an AquaPalm as a secondary control and the iAquaLink as a primary control.

Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.