Any one have Jandy Iaqualink?

May 3, 2012
Hello I am new to the forum. I am thinking of upgrading my aqualink rs rev. M to the new Iaqualink. I have a pre 2007 model so I will need the more expensive up grade. My question is does anyone have one. How do they like it. Controlling the pool from your iPhone sound neat but is it more hype than function. I have a rs 8 but none of the models say how many items they control . Thank you Stan.

I have the iAqualink and find that is is great.

I had the same question since the brochures do not refer to the number of relays. It turns out that the standard chip they provide is for a RS 8 Pool and Spa System. If you need anything else you have to return the new chip with your existing chip to your dealer who then returns the chip to Jandy so that the firmware can be reflashed. The entire process is a pain however it appears that you may be in luck.

The upgrade kit you want is the IQ900-RS. This comes with a new 50-pin cpu board, Rev R chip and iAquaLink device. This upgrade will turn your system into an RS8 Pool and Spa combo if it is not already.

rubberboots said:
can you help me figure out what rev i have pleas :cheers: e...anyone please
Two ways:

1. Remove the board from your power center and look at the sticker on the chip
2. Power off the power center, have someone stationed at the control panel inside, and power it back on. The display will show the revision of the main board AFTER it shows the revision of the indoor controller.

Brad

2 ways that you can check:

- open up the power center and gain access to the backside of the board. The white sticker on the chip will tell you what revision you have (post it here if you need help figuring it out)

--OR--

- if you have an All Button control: MENU -> SYSTEM SETUP -> DIAGNOSTICS.
- if you have a One Touch or PDA control: MENU -> HELP ->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS.
- if you have the AquaLink Touch hit HELP.

bsnelson said:
rubberboots said:
can you help me figure out what rev i have pleas :cheers: e...anyone please
Two ways:

1. Remove the board from your power center and look at the sticker on the chip
2. Power off the power center, have someone stationed at the control panel inside, and power it back on. The display will show the revision of the main board AFTER it shows the revision of the indoor controller.

Brad

LOL! Beat me to wrapping it up. Doing this from work so I had to stop a couple times while I was typing it up.

PDA-PS6 (equivalent to AquaLink RS6 Pool and Spa Combo) Revision 1.2. Right now because the IQ900-PDA upgrade isn't available yet, you want to go with the IQ900-RS. This will upgrade your system to an AquaLink RS8 Pool and Spa Combo Revision R. This will allow you to support everything up to the iAquaLink. HOWEVER, going with this upgrade your PDA will now work only as an AquaPalm control; Your basic wireless ON/OFF switch. All system settings and schedules must be adjusted through the iAquaLink device interface.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.