submersible pump recomendation?

kostia

Jun 30, 2010
Hi,
I am looking to buy a submersible water pump and was wondering if I can get recommendation on model and features I should look for. The main purpose is to maintain water level after closing..
Is auto-shut off needed? HP?
This is for a an inground 28K gallon pool. Thanks.

I'm guessing the pool overflows and this is the condition you're working against.

You need two parts to this. One is a pump and any good pump would work. The challenge here is the pump controls since you need to keep the pool at a certain level. What I would use is a simple float switch and a timed relay. This way the pump is not going on/off too often. You attach the float switch to a ladder or something else and when tripped the pump would turn on for say 10 minutes and then sit waiting for the next time the water level gets high enough to trip the float switch. These relays are easy to come by and you just have to use low voltage for the switching side.

They do make adjustable submersible pumps and if you had a way to mount the pump so that you could get the right level that may be an option also.

actually no. I want to make sure that before winter starts and during the winter I lower water level, so that ice does not crack tile. So I suppose I am not going to have pump in there all the time although if there is a solution where I can just leave it in the pool over winter that would be good as well, doubt that it is possible though.

Thanks that pretty much summarizes it. Just a question of getting a good pump that would last for a while and pumping in December... which is what I thought. The only remaining question is what pump to get in terms of performance and durability.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.