Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Number of Skimmers/Returns?

Number of Skimmers/Returns?

I have a new 38" Leisure Morroccan Fiberglass pool (38x16 max depth 6') going in beginning Saturday. I "had" a plan until the deal with the 1st PB fell through and I ended up with only fiberglass shell sitting on the surface in my yard. The # two PB will begin installation with a dig on Saturday.

There are 3 Pal Treo lights going in. The equipment is all Pentair (VS pump, C&C Plus, EasyTouch with IC40).
    Questions:
    Is 1 skimmer enough?
    How many returns?
    How many drains and where should they be located?
    N Virginia
    -Leisure Moroccan 38' Fiberglass
    -19,800 Gallons
    -Pentair EasyTouch 4 w/IC40 Chlorinator,VS3050 Pump, Clean&Clear Plus 320 Cartridge Filter,Prowler 720 Robot Cleaner
    -1 Skimmer/ 3 Returns/2 Drains/2" Piping
    -3 Fiberstar Pal Treo LED lights/Wirtran
    -TF100 TestKit

Re: Number of Skimmers/Returns?

One skimmer is fine. Three returns would be enough. One drain would be enough unless code requires two. My dad has a 18 x 36 8' deep with this exact set up and it work good.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.