Calling all Intelliflow Gurus-Scheduling and a Question

Glock30

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
All,
Looking for input/suggestions on my proposed pump schedule.
Thanks to mas985 (Mark) I have a more accurate GPM output estimate.
Here it is:

Pool Pump Schedule Pentair Intelliflow (011018) RPM / 27 = ~GPM

1) 8:30-8:45 AM @750 RPM ~ 28 gpm x15 min. = 420 Gal. ( Pump Warmup)
2) 8:45-9:45 AM @3110 RPM ~ 115 gpm x 60 min. = 6911 Gal. (Super Skim)
3) 9:45-10:30 AM OFF
4) 10:30-11:30 AM @1500 RPM ~ 55.5 gpm x 60 min. = 3330 Gal.
5) 11:30-12:30 PM @2000 RPM ~74 gpm x 60 min. = 4444 Gal. (Lunch)
6) 12:30-2:30 PM @1500 RPM ~55.5 gpm x 120 min. = 6660 Gal.
7) 2:30-3:30 PM OFF
8) 3:30-6:00 PM @1000 RPM ~37 gpm x 150 min. =5550 Gal.
9) 6:00 PM-8:30 AM OFF

27,315 Gallons Circulated in 9.5 hrs.

Also, does anyone have a better way of describing how to program in a schedule like the one above than the manual?
The manual is VERY poorly written IMO.
Thanks

I'm not sure what your goal here is? You seem to be making something that is fairly simple be much more complex than it needs to be.

Running the pump slower than about 900 is less efficient than running the pump at 900+ RPM. For that matter, running the pump slower than whatever it takes to get your skimmers to work efficiently (usually somewhere around 1000) is also a waste of time. Likewise, running faster than the efficient skimmer speed is also not worth it unless you have some specific need to do so (heater, fountain, SWG, etc).

Likewise, there is no particular reason to aim for any specific number of gallons moved through the pump each day. What matters is how your water looks, not how many gallons you move.

The first thing to do is figure out what the lowest speed you can run at and still have the skimmers work well. That is typically around 900-1400 RPM, but it varies from pool to pool. Then have the pump come on at that speed for say six different fairly short periods each day, spread out across the full 24 hours. Watch your water and if it stays sparkling then try to shorten the run times. If the water stops being sparkling, increase the run times.

Disregard what I told you in the previous thread.

I see you have the Variable Speed pump 011018

Whereas mine is the Variable Flow pump 011012

Sorry for the confusion.

Jason,
I guess what I am trying to do is get about one turnover + per day.
I will work on my speeds in relation to the skimmer effectivness and go from there.
I am very new to all of this and I am trying to get my best setup right off before the warm weather hits.

Today I will vacuum (first time), clean my filter (for a fresh start after opening), shock the pool and get my CYA level correct (test next week after adding today.)
From there, I will work on the pump schedule.
Thanks for your help and patience.

I hope I didn't sound harsh. I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from and if there are any additional factors that you neglected to mention.

One turnover per day is just a rule of thumb, not the final goal. The real goal is to get the water to be nice and sparkly clear without running the pump any more than you need to.

Glock30 said:
Not harsh at all.
I will back up and take it one step at a time.

What is the GPM usually needed for an SWG to be effective?
Glock you just want to dial it back until the SWG has a low flow error, then kick it up some. I think that number is around 1200 give or take depending SWG manufacturer. Correct me if I'm wrong, Jason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.