New Liner - New fill

May 7, 2010
Okay guys. We bought a house in November and are ready to tackle the pool. It's a 16x32 oval with overlap liner. We got the pool scooped out (house sat empty for a year). The liner is in bad shape and looks old. It has tears in the top portion.

We have decided to tackle this ourselves. I am not fully draining the water until we get a new liner and are ready to do the project. As the water is almost black I have no idea what the bottom of the pool is like. There is about 2 ft of water in there right now. Hoping the sand underneath will all be in good shape.

I am considering adding in a floor pad, foam walls, and foam cove. I'm assuming I have a sand cove now and will just have to scrape that smooth with the bottom..does that sound right?

I will be filling the pool with city water. I have used BBB to clean a swamp before. I have never started with new water. I have a SWG so I know I will have to add salt; and of course some stabilizer/cya. I have no idea how city water pH is so guess I will have to check and adjust that as well. Any other tips for what other types of things I would have to add for a fresh fill? What order do I need to add stuff?

Any other words of wisdom for tackling this project? I have not ordered the liner yet. Any suggestions for a good place to get one?

Thanks!

You have already covered all the major points.

There is no telling what you will find under the pool. If it is sand, it is simple enough to re-level it and proceed from there.

One good thing to do is to measure the PH, TA, and CH levels of your fill water. That will give you a good idea if you will need to do any PH and/or TA adjustments right after filling and check for the possibility of high CH (which can cause issues down the road).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.