Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Construction in MD - with Pictures

1. Back To Top    #1

New Construction in MD - with Pictures

We are in progress with a gunite - 18x38 with 8x7 play area. Everything is MOVING. We are only 2 1/2 weeks in -- and we are done with tile and coping; ready for the pavers.

The digging begins!!!

Next -- the plumbing and steel

[attachment=1:28k9ail6]Pool - steel2.JPG[/attachment:28k9ail6]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Construction in MD - with Pictures

Next -- the gunite! That was amazing.... I never understood what people meant by gunite as an "art" -- UNTIL I WATCHED THEM. WOW! Incredible!!! I didn't realize they actually SHAVED the walls and formed the steps. It was incredible. They live by a level....every step and constantly measuring. I guess the old rule applies -- measure twice and cut once.

I was soooo glad i was home for this piece. We ended up changing a few things on the fly. Had we been gone, we wouldn't have ended up with a nice few touches. That was great!

3. Back To Top    #3

After a week of watering the pool -- we were ready for the electric.

Thanks for all the great recommendations with electric. I had the electrician add an outlet for future landscape lighting -- and move the location of the switch for the pool lights. MUCH BETTER!

Inspection on electric was today. Another pass (PB is doing great!!). Clearly not their first rodeo.

Tile and coping came today as well. I don't have a great picture -- but will get one posted up within the next few days when I can get a better picture.

[attachment=0:2q2h6z8d]Pool - tile and coping.JPG[/attachment:2q2h6z8d]

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll continue posting -- paving is next. We have 1200 sq. ft. of paving plus 100 ft. of 18" retaining wall. They are estimating 3-4 days. Is that possible???? SOOOO much work. BUT -- these guys are AMAZING. Really moving right along -- and everything is PERFECT. Perfect cuts -- perfectly straight (even the electrician)!!!

I am so stupidly excited -- I can't stand it!!!!