First Test Results

StacyE

Apr 29, 2012
Delaware
Pool is clean and clear and pump has been running for a few days. Pool calculator says to add an infinity amount of bleach, or
or 4.3 oz of cal-hypo.

Also calls for 706 oz of stabilizer.

Where to start?

PH = 7.5
FC = .5
CC = .5
TA = 60
CYA = 0

Is this a newly-filled pool?
What is the water temp? since the SWG required water > 60 degrees or so.

You will want to get CYA in there pretty fast ... maybe shoot for 40ppm now until your SWG will work (using bleach to get going).
And add bleach to get in the recommended ranges for the amount of CYA you add.

What did you set as targets to get those numbers?

You are not doing something correct in the poolcalculator.

You need to set the size at the top and then the goals at the bottom (TFP.com, Bleach or SWG, and vinyl)

Fill out the entire Now column ... leave 0 what is zero.
Put your Targets in (FC of 1 is way too low for CYA of 60) the right column.

Oh, did you set the bleach % to 6??? If it is 0 I see infinity ... that is probably the problem.

Cal-hypo is a solid that adds CH instead of CYA that is in dichlor and trichlor.

EDIT: For CYA of 60ppm you want FC in the 3-5ppm range for SWG ... get it there with beach and let your SWG maintain it. I see that the goal FC levels are based on the NOW CYA and not the TARGET CYA ... which may be where you got the 1ppm

Thanks! I must have entered something wrong the first time. Says to add 247oz of bleach to get to the FC goal of 4 and 272oz of stabilizer to get to CYA goal of 60. I am going to add the bleach tonight and test chlorine again in the morning. Is that enough time?

You can test FC after about 30 minutes of circulation. Liquid CYA shows up pretty fast too but the solid cya could take up to a week to test correctly.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.