SunTouch Pool/Spa controller

fsftwr

May 2, 2012
What experiences do people have with the SunTouch pool/spa controller ? I am coming in from an all manual world (including fixed pump motors) and thinking of moving to the enticing world of variable speed motors and solar diverter actuators necessitates automating the controller as well.

I am generally apprehensive about electronic control panels (I am thinking of my sprinkler system now) as either their buttons fail or they forget their programming or just flickered displays to the point where I just shut off the automatic mode and operate it in manual mode.

Have these been around long enough and have people have had good experiences with these ?

Welcome to TFP!

The Sun Touch system is reasonably reliable and fairly easy to use once it is setup. On the other hand, it is fairly common to run into some confusing steps during the setup process however. The manual doesn't explain things as well as it might, and unless you think the way they are thinking it is easy to head down the wrong path and get mixed up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.