Newbie to TFP but not pools

whoozer

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2008
Acton Maine
Hey all! I'm so glad I found this site it has answered many questions I have had. I'm in the process of planning my second pool (18x36 IG)in a new climate 1100 miles away from my first one. I'm also planning on a swg for this one as I have friends that love theirs. I decided to go with the Dig 220Autopilot. Couple of questions: 1) Anyone from SC in the midlands have experience with an IGP I'm wondering if I'll need to heat it or will I do fine in the summer with a cover? 2) Anyone have any ideas where the cheapest Autopilot 220 dig would be online? 3) How about slides I have 3 little ones 9,6,2 I want one that is safe and has some sort of landing at the top but I don't want to spend 4K? Thanks guys glad to have found this site. :-D

Hey, whoozer,

Welcome to TFP.

1. You will be looking for ways to cool your pool water rather than heat it this Summer....welcome to the South!! :lol: :lol:

2. The link on the homepage of TFP to SaltPoolGuys has yielded many some good results.......check it out.

3. I found one used on Ebay after an exhaustive research but it was worth it. My guess is 70% of the cost of a slide is the liability insurance they have to pay. It's a great country, huh?

new pool in SC

Yeah it will be different for sure I came from Maine where I could only use my pool 2 months unless I heated it. But I have a commercial grade icemaker that ought to help keep my new one cool huh :lol: Thanks for the info, glad to be here!