Return Jet Cracked--Can it be fixed from inside??

Jul 3, 2007
Louisville
We had the leak detection service come out and the source of our leak is a cracked return jet. We were told it was caused from the groung settling. They want $1200 to fix it. They said they would have to bust up concrete to get to it from the back. My husband has it in his mind that this could be fixed without busting up concret and maybe using some kind of epoxy to fill the crack? Is it possible?

I am not sure if this can be fixed from the inside..but maybe someone else can help out. I did notice, however, that you posted the same question twice. I am pretty sure the mods will combine your posts..because you should stick to one thread. Hope you get the answers you are looking for!

If your pool returns are like mine they have to be accessed from behind the pool wall. I had cracks as well, due to settling, but because my deck was done in pavers I was able to just pull up the pavers necessary to get to the back of the return jet. I would try anything to avoid tearing up concrete. If it then does not work you could bite the bullet and have it done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.