pH 8+ (color was darker than 8.0)
TA 140ppm
CH 175ppm

pool specs are in my sig.

Targets
FC 5 - 185 oz 6% bleach
pH 7.2 67 oz 31.45% muriatic acid
CYA 40 - 95 oz by weight of stabilizer

Add the type of pool in your signature (plaster? pebble? vinyl?).

Your targets look pretty good and those 3 are the most important to adjust. You FC will disappear rapidly until the CYA gets dissolved and starts protecting it.

What are you using to test your levels?

jblizzle said:
Add the type of pool in your signature (plaster? pebble? vinyl?).

Your targets look pretty good and those 3 are the most important to adjust. You FC will disappear rapidly until the CYA gets dissolved and starts protecting it.

What are you using to test your levels?

diamondbrite, using the taylor test kit (similar to tf-100) taylor 2006 test kit

I typically only test FC and pH, but today I decided to test TA and CH

our pool was built in may 2012 and I am still having to add 32 oz of acid every day to keep the pH in line.

Right now our CH is 620 and TA is 60

pH is 7.4, FC tonight is 7.5

Do I need to do anything about the CH or TA? What is interesting is if I have to drain because of CH, I might as well use pucks

duraleigh said:
A quart of acid daily in an 18k pool is amazingly excessive. Something is amiss.

It didnt seem out of line since the pool is still pretty new.

One thing is that right now the spa jets are always aerating the pool because of a pinhole leak in the air vent. Is that equivalent to a water feature?

The second thing is that the water flowing into the spa constantly spills over the negative edge.

There isnt a lot of splashing but it is a constant flow of water. The challenge is either water drains from the spa or the pool. So if I want water circulating to the spa it has to spill over the edge to exit.

i was actually going to test decreasing the spa return rate to see if that helped. But when I decreased the spa return rate it increased the pressure on the pool returns enough that the polaris started to move all the time. I was going to change to the red restrictor disk but the polaris attachment wouldnt come off the wall.. haha cascading series of events.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.