Stuck Check Check Valve on Liquidator

Apr 14, 2011
South Point, Ohio
I purchased the 3/8 liquidator last pool season, and never had any issues with the "white" stuff building up on the parts. But today i opened our pool and started the pump with out any problems. I turned the pool pump off to program the timer and things, and when i turned it back on i noticed the pump had lost its prime. To make a long story short my troubleshooting lead me to the check valve on the suction side was stuck open and letting water flow in both directions allowing my pump to loose its prime when it is turned off. I contaced HASA and they are going to ship out a new check valve but said it could take up to two weeks for them to arrive. So to my question, would there be a quick fix i could do until the new check valve arrives, or once they are are stuck they are stuck?

Another question also .... the check valve on the return side is working without any issues, and it seems like i remember reading on here that some use only one check valve. My pump is above water level. so could i just swap the check valves?

I took the check valve out of the liquidator on the suction side,no problems in doing this. My pump is also above water level.I'm hooked into the pump drain. You may want to check your float valve also,mine had a very small crack in the morunt that allowed the water to slowly leak out. Took it 30 to 45 minutes until it stated pulling air after the pump was off. HASA sent me a new valve and cured that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.