Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stuck Check Check Valve on Liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Stuck Check Check Valve on Liquidator

I purchased the 3/8 liquidator last pool season, and never had any issues with the "white" stuff building up on the parts. But today i opened our pool and started the pump with out any problems. I turned the pool pump off to program the timer and things, and when i turned it back on i noticed the pump had lost its prime. To make a long story short my troubleshooting lead me to the check valve on the suction side was stuck open and letting water flow in both directions allowing my pump to loose its prime when it is turned off. I contaced HASA and they are going to ship out a new check valve but said it could take up to two weeks for them to arrive. So to my question, would there be a quick fix i could do until the new check valve arrives, or once they are are stuck they are stuck?

Another question also .... the check valve on the return side is working without any issues, and it seems like i remember reading on here that some use only one check valve. My pump is above water level. so could i just swap the check valves?
    24' Round Above Ground
    15,000 Gallons
    Hayward Pro Series 100 Lbs Sand Filter
    Hayward Power Flo LX 1hp Pump
    8 gallon Liquidator 3/8
    BBB Method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stuck Check Check Valve on Liquidator

I took the check valve out of the liquidator on the suction side,no problems in doing this. My pump is also above water level.I'm hooked into the pump drain. You may want to check your float valve also,mine had a very small crack in the morunt that allowed the water to slowly leak out. Took it 30 to 45 minutes until it stated pulling air after the pump was off. HASA sent me a new valve and cured that.
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

3. Back To Top    #3

The weird thing to me that i am seeing as well is the flow meter is still showing flow even when the pump is off.
    24' Round Above Ground
    15,000 Gallons
    8 gallon Liquidator 3/8
    BBB Method

4. Back To Top    #4

Stuck Check Check Valve on Liquidator

Did you rinse everything off well before storing lat season?
    I am wondering if the cl dried up over winter and left a residue on everything, maybe just needs a soak with white vinegar?
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

I didnt rinse anything off at the end of the year last year. Would white vinegar or diluted muratic acid be best?
    24' Round Above Ground
    15,000 Gallons
    8 gallon Liquidator 3/8
    BBB Method