Don't let IDIOTS near your pool!!!

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
Rant warning:

Sorry in advance, but I just had to share this one with someone that would understand, as you may know (or can tell by my signature) I have an indoor 20x40 foot pool with a Hayward Perflex DE filter system, etc. Anyway now on the 3rd contractor after the last 2 years of trying (with minor diversions like a broken back and an unrelated major surgery) I am getting the 32 year old metal roof above the pool replaced. Work has been going on for almost a week and at the moment I have an outdoorish pool, which the workers were supposed to cover before removing the roof above it yesterday, needless to say lots of junk fell in the pool . Anyway this morning I get a call at work from the contractor saying the pool filter was clogged up and barely pushing any water, so they took the cover off the filter, found all sorts of gunk and white powder inside, so of course they cleaned it all out turned it back on. As you may know running a Hayward Perflex filter with no DE in the membrane tubes is a recipe for disaster (the high flow will destroy the membranes), so I tell them to turn the filter off, I drive out and of course find little piles of DE in front of the returns and no back pressure on the filter when I turned it on, a sign the membranes have been destroyed. So the one bit of good news is I am now getting a brand new EC75 filter (cheaper than buying replacement tubes), and will not have to do the yearly disassembly and detailed cleaning of the membrane tubes this year :) More with the new roof, etc. as the project continues, I dread how the water is going to look in a few days.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.