AA treatment - add CL with SWG?

May 24, 2007
Memphis, TN
Just did my AA treatment and things look really good. Wanted to know if it was ok to run the SWG at a low setting (20%??)to work on slowly adding some CL back into the pool, or rather to being the process of using up the AA. I know using granular CL is probably more considered shock, a no/no for my present condition. Prior to the AA treatment I've been running my SWG around 50%/8hrs and holding 2ppm with 40CYA (more cya being added for a target of 70).

Current numbers are:
FC - 0
CC - 0
pH - 7.3
TA - 80
CYA - 40
Salt - 3200

I have sequesterant and algecide in as well. Just want to inquire about the best way to being to re-introduce CL given the choices of SWG or granular...or should I just be waiting longer before doing anything at all.

Thanks!

Yes, you can use the SWG on something around 20%, just keep a eye on the FC level. It will tend to stay near zero for a while, and then start to go up. You want to watch for when it starts to go up and then start managing the percentage setting more carefully at that point to bring the FC level up gradually.

Can I start the process of adding CL via SWG almost right away or do I need to delay for a few days? Just did the treatment last night, I allowed the AA to sit for several hours, and then began overnight circulating. This a.m. I switch to filtering, but with the SWG off. Finally, since I'm on the subject...it seems like in the past stains remain released in the water with a lower Ph (in the 7.2-7.4) range. Being new to salt, I'm learning the Ph and the SWG seem to prefer the 7.5-7.8 range which is a more difficult range for stains to not adhere to liners/stairs/etc. Do I need to keep a higher level of sequestrate or what is the best way to handle this long term??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.