Had my pool for over 10 yrs. chemistry has always been almost perfect every test. Decided to replace my Taylor test kit with a totally brand new one. Now my chlorine levels are way high and have trouble getting alkalinity down. I have my chlorine feeder turned down to almost off. I have delayed shocking. Chlorine still very high! Has the stabilizer in the tablets finally caught up with me? Will I need to partially drain pool to dilute it. Is too much stabilizer what can cause this? What's the harm in just using very little chlorine and leaving it like it is, as long as the water is not irritating to skin or eyes. Water feels fine. Help please.