Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: gboulton

1. Back To Top    #1

gboulton

Have a couple of threads up in the beginners area, thought I'd babble a bit about myself just to say howdy.

Wife and I live with our two kids not far out of Nashville.

Just got our first "real" pool (I know..it's a puddle compared to some of y'all's, but it's "real" to us darnit :lol )

Wife is a fitness instructor, I do database and development stuff, and also a GA pilot. Son is an airplane nerd, and flies RC with me as well. We also attend airshows and, back when we could (and hopefully again) Red Bull Air Races. Daughter is a dancer, and hockey-mad like me.

You're likely to find me out in the back yard at just about any opportunity. I'm either messing with the new pool, working on the deck extension, setting up the telescope for some astrophotography, flying a smaller RC airplane, or watching airplanes arrive and depart from the muni we share a property line with.

Looking forward to getting to "know" some of you, and already greatly appreciate of all the help!
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: gboulton

Howdy gboulton!

All that information and you didn't tell us your real name!?

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to tfp, gboulton
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re:

gboulton, welcome to TFP! Used to the car and airplane thing myself but got married, all gone! Now work on the real one's. Lot's of people here to help.

P.S. Phoenix taking it in 6!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by blakej
    Howdy gboulton!

Woops! It's Gordon.

@Max : You really think it'll take that many? (No...I'm not disgusted...not at all)
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by gboulton
    Quote Originally Posted by blakej
    Howdy gboulton!

Woops! It's Gordon.

@Max : You really think it'll take that many? (No...I'm not disgusted...not at all)
    No, but yes! Bettman(Dirtbag) needs the money!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    No, but yes! Bettman(Dirtbag) needs the money!
    Something tells me you and I could be great friends!
    -Gordon

8. Back To Top    #8

Probably. Lol!! If we weren't so far apart I'd invite you over we could watch together, chat about our pools, drink some cool-aid!