Automatic Pool Cover with Paver Patio

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

I'm trying to find an automatic pool cover (that also acts as a safety cover) for an existing pool installation that could work with my patio. I have a floating paver patio (i.e. they're not cemented in, but rather sit on a bed of sand on top of base). The automatic pool safety covers I'm finding all require concrete under the pavers so that it has something to drill into. I understand why, but since normal safety covers don't require this, I figure there might be an automatic one out there that doesn't either.

Know of any?

Thanks

Are you going to install or get it installed. The problem is heaving with your pavers. I would think you could pour foundation underneath an area of your pavers and install the cover by mortaring the pavers on top of the foundation. I know my sister has pavers around the pool, but a 2-3 foot width of concrete before the pavers begin for the pool cover.

I can install it myself, or have it installed...either or. Just trying to find a company that offers some kind of a solution for floating pavers. Even if I just have to concrete in one small section, that would be fine. I just don't want to tear up the perimeter of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.