Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic Pool Cover with Paver Patio

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic Pool Cover with Paver Patio

Hey folks,

I'm trying to find an automatic pool cover (that also acts as a safety cover) for an existing pool installation that could work with my patio. I have a floating paver patio (i.e. they're not cemented in, but rather sit on a bed of sand on top of base). The automatic pool safety covers I'm finding all require concrete under the pavers so that it has something to drill into. I understand why, but since normal safety covers don't require this, I figure there might be an automatic one out there that doesn't either.

Know of any?

Thanks
    18 X 36 In-Ground Vinyl Pool, Hayward 1 HP SuperPump, Hayward SP270T 350lb Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC48 Salt Chlorine Generator, Hayward H400FDN 400 BTU Natural Gas Heater, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, No Main Drain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automatic Pool Cover with Paver Patio

Are you going to install or get it installed. The problem is heaving with your pavers. I would think you could pour foundation underneath an area of your pavers and install the cover by mortaring the pavers on top of the foundation. I know my sister has pavers around the pool, but a 2-3 foot width of concrete before the pavers begin for the pool cover.
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Automatic Pool Cover with Paver Patio

I can install it myself, or have it installed...either or. Just trying to find a company that offers some kind of a solution for floating pavers. Even if I just have to concrete in one small section, that would be fine. I just don't want to tear up the perimeter of the pool.
    18 X 36 In-Ground Vinyl Pool, Hayward 1 HP SuperPump, Hayward SP270T 350lb Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC48 Salt Chlorine Generator, Hayward H400FDN 400 BTU Natural Gas Heater, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, No Main Drain